The Department of Integrative STEM Education in the School of Engineering at TCNJ is a national leader in PK-12 Technology, Engineering, and integrative STEM education.
The M.Ed. Integrative STEM program offers an intellectually stimulating course of study which provides in-service teachers with current, integrative, design-centric teaching and learning methods applicable across PK-12 grade levels.
Integrative STEM Teaching & Learning Core (15 credits)
- STEM 510: Foundations in iSTEM (3 credits)
- STEM 520: Integrative STEM Pedagogy (3 credits)
- STEM 530: Integrative STEM Curriculum (3 credits)
- STEM 610:Emerging Trends & Issues in iSTEM Ed (3 credits)
- STEM 660 & 700: Creativity/Systems & iSTEM Ed Capstone (3 credits)
STEM Education Content & Research Courses (9 credits)
- EDFN 508: Introduction to Research (3 credits)
- STEM 631: Applied Math & Statistics for iSTEM Ed (3 credits)
- Any STEM Education Content Course (3 credits each)
- STEM 635 – Data Visualization and Analytical Information Design
- STEM 641 – Biotechnology Systems and Sustainable Design for Educators
- STEM 661 – Architecture/Civil Technology Systems & Design for Educators
- STEM 671 – Mechanical Technology Systems and Design for Educators
- STEM 681 – Electronics Technology Systems and Design for Educators
Electives/Pathways (12 Credits) 4 electives per pathway, 3 credits each
The Integrative STEM Master’s program is designed with 4 electives, enabling the completion of more specialized curricular pathways, culminating in a TCNJ college certificate and/ or a NJ State certification. It is not required to choose any specific pathway. All courses below are 3 credits each.