Professor Emeritus and Former Department Chair
Dr. Karsnitz received a BS from Millersville University, a MEd from Millersville University, and a PhD from Ohio State University. In addition he is a member of the International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA), and the Council on Technology and Engineering Teacher Education (CTETE), in which he has chaired two task force committees, as well as served on several standing committees. He is a member of the New Jersey Technology and Engineering Educators Association (NJTEEA) and served as the TCNJ College Representative and a member of the New Jersey Engineering Education Council (NJEEC). Dr. Karsnitz regularly presents to state, regional, and local groups concerning technological literacy issues and principles. On campus he served as a member of the Faculty Senate, serving as Senate Parliamentarian and a member of the Senate Executive Committee, a member of the TCNJ Academic Leaders, he chaired the committee to write the new College-Wide Governance System (2000), was the elected Faculty Representative to the TCNJ Board of Trustees (2001-2005), and has also served as a member of the college committee that organized a new general education core interdisciplinary course titled Society, Ethics, and Technology. (1990)In his off time Dr. Karsnitz enjoys designing and making things, especially Arts and Crafts inspired items, and singing in the church choir. He is an avid skier, golfer, and tennis player. His research interests include: technological literacy in general education, pre-engineering, and STEM education.Courses taught include: ETE 261 Multimedia Design, ETE 361 Architectural and Civil Engineering Design, ETE 365 Prototyping Laboratory, TED 280 Introduction to Teaching Technology and Engineering Education
- Engineering Design: An Introduction . 2nd edition (2009, 2013) Co-Authored with Drs. Steve O’Brien and John Hutchinson. Delmar Cengage Learning. Albany, NY
- Design & Problem Solving in Technology. (1993) Co-Authored with Dr. John Hutchinson. Delmar Learning. Albany, NY.▪
- Society, Ethics, and Technology: Selected Readings . (1993) Morton E. Winston, John R. Karsnitz, Charles H. Goldberg (Editors). Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
- Graphic Communication Technology . (1992) Delmar Publishing, Inc. Albany, NY
- Graphic Arts Technology . (1984) Delmar Publishing, Inc. Albany, NY.